- BUTCHER, CLEM, MC COLLISTER, REID, ROBERTS, VERMILLION
on Thursday, February 19, 2004
BUTCHER Family of St. Francisville, Clark Co., Missouri I am particularly intested in information on James BUTCHER b. 1804 in Virginia. He married Martha [UNK] in Virginia and had Martha Elizabeth b. ca 1830 in Virginia, Emily B. b. 19 Nov 1832 in VA and Hester A. b. 1834 in VA. In Kentucky he and Martha had John b. ca 1835 and Ester A. b. 1836. Martha died in Clark Co., MO. James BUTCHER married 2nd Sarah Melvina [ROBERTS] CLEM, a widow of Elisha B. CLEM. They had children George, James, Samuel and Lucy. I find record of the family in Clark Co., MO from 1840-1870 census. I am looking for information on Martha's maiden name and where in Virginia the early family was born. Any additional information will me most welcome, and I am willing to share what knowledge of the family I have.
- BEAMAN, MOORE MOHR, SHELTON, SMITH, WADE, YEAGER
Mrs M WALKER
on Friday, February 27, 2004
"I'm looking for any information on this family below.
Andrew Robert WALKER (aka A. R. Walker, Andrew R. Walker) born April 14, 1831 and died June 24, 1890 in Clark Co., MO. He married Sarah M. SHELTON August 25, 1853 Indiana, daughter of John SHELTON and Elizabeth MOORE(MOHR). She was born poss. July 28, 1833 , and died July 29, 1916 in Clark Co., MO.
Children of Andrew WALKER and Sarah SHELTON are:
1. Melvina Jennie WALKER b. 1853; d. 1917.
2. SArah F. WALKER b. 1855; d. 1856; m. none.
3. John C. WALKER b. November 25, 1858, near Farmington, IA. Iowa: d. January 06, 1944, at Graham Hospital, Keokuk, IA at the age 85 yrs.
4. William A. WALKER b. November 27, 1860, Farmington,Van Buren Co., Iowa; d. April 05, 1933, Farmington, Van Buren Co., IA.
5. Andrew E. WALKER, b. 1862, Iowa; d. 1919, Age 57.
6. Abraham L. WALKER, b. 1866 Iowa d. Unknown, Unknown
. 7. Minnie B. WALKER, b. 1869 MO d. March 29, 1957, Clark Co., MO Buried Revere Cemetery right next to John C. WALKER and Amanda Wade WALKER.
8. Francis Marian WALKER, b. October 30, 1873, MO per 1910 Census; d. October 19, 1955.
Andrew R. WALKER is listed at the Clark County Historical Society Museum.
Any info is helpful.
- MAGERKURTH, WEIGNER
on Friday, March 12, 2004
Jacob MAGERKURTH and spouce Marie WEIGNER lived in Clark County in 1860 census, the family moved to Lee county, Iowa but I believe there may have been other family members in Union Twp.
- BROOKHART, DUNCAN, JOHNSON, KETCHUM, LACKEY, ROWLAND, SWAN, THOMSON
on Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Looking for information on Thomas DUNCAN (1818-1853) and his wife Nancy (LACKEY) DUNCAN (1828-1899). Son is William J. DUNCAN (1861-1941), one of 8 children.